Are you wondering about your bedroom environment? Is it healthy or toxic? If you feel toxins are not something that is present in your bedroom, then you must give in thought to it. Making a sleeping environment that is optimal has great benefits as it keeps you in a calm and rested state that helps you enjoy a healthier and happier sleep. Your good health is supported by a safe sleeping environment which makes a non-toxic latex mattress a necessary part of it.
Some questions about non-toxic latex mattresses:
1. Why a healthy choice of mattress?
A healthy mattress choice is extremely important as it affects your quality of sleep. Turning and tossing in bed, waking up feeling sore or tired are some of the reasons for the poor quality of sleep. A healthy mattress should be made of safe materials which provide no harm to the body in any way. These include:
- Safe and non-toxic
- Cooler and breathable
- Increase in productivity
- A Decrease in stress levels
- Extreme comfort due to high quality
2. Why latex mattress?
- Latex mattresses are extremely comfortable and deliver super comfort level. You shall feel a soft yet sinking feeling once you lie down on a latex mattress. This is followed by a sensation of support.
- The latex mattress promotes relief from aches and pain. The non-toxic latex mattresses have become an ideal choice for people who have joint or back pain. Health professionals like physical therapists, chiropractors and osteopaths have also recommended the use of latex mattresses for pain relief.
- They promote natural spine alignment which serves as a huge advantage. The shoulders and hips, being the heavier parts of the body sink into the latex and the areas that are lighter are supported strongly in order to align the spine properly. This improves blood circulation and health wellness.
- The Latex mattresses are naturally resistant to dust and moulds. Hence, in hot and humid climates, this proves to be a great advantage making latex mattresses naturally hygienic fostering a healthy sleeping environment.
3. Why non-toxic?
Sleeping on a non-toxic mattress provides the sleepers with an extremely safe surface for sleeping. Most conventional mattresses which are available in the market today contain the toxic chemicals which can be easily inhaled while sleeping. Therefore, decreasing your exposure to such toxic chemicals in ways possible is a step towards making yourself healthier. The list of mattress toxins includes –
- Flame Retardants
- Boric Acid
- Synthetic Latex
- Glues or Adhesives
- Polyurethane Foam
Considering a non-toxic latex mattress affects your health in a few known and unknown ways. To avoid making the wrong choice, the above list can be kept in mind once you are in the process of mattress selection to safeguard yourself from the harmful effects.
Making the right mattress choice is in your hands which shall not only affect your quality of sleep but also your quality of life. Health and comfort are the major advantages of using a non-toxic latex mattress which buyers must look at before purchase.