Polycarbonate awnings are one of the varieties of roofs that have gained popularity lately. The reason why it is becoming so popular amongst house constructions is because of its versatility. Polycarbonate does not only enhance the exterior image of your house, but it also looks professional. Apart from this, it is effortlessly easy to install and use. The benefits of polycarbonate awnings aren’t restricted to only these. A few more are stated below.
- Polycarbonate awnings possess massive strength. In other words, these are indestructible. Because of its ultimate power, polycarbonate becomes a popular choice to cover bushfire’s awnings, cold temperatures, or windy areas. These are tested with sharp objects like a giant steel ball thrown at the polycarbonate sheets from a considerable height.
- Polycarbonate awnings usually come in different shapes, colors, sizes, and thickness, making it one of Australia’s widely preferred awning material. The favourite colors for these are mostly earthy tones like bronze, green, opal, and blue. These incorporate flexibility, making it suitable for awnings and walkways of every radius. The thickness of these varies from 8mm to 60mm.
- Polycarbonate sheets are extremely lightweight as compared to glass shields. This property of polycarbonate makes it easily transportable and mobile than any other material. Easy transportation comes with many underlying benefits like low shipping costs, easy installation, and low maintenance. Polycarbonate sheets generally weigh less than the traditional materials. It is one of the commendable innovations in the industry.
- It is highly cost-effective. When it comes to pricing, polycarbonate costs less than its competitors and promotes comparatively lower maintenance costs. Polycarbonate material is easy to clean, allowing you to be free from the worry of cleaning it regularly because once clean, it can go up to really long. However, it is essential to use the manufacturers’ cleaners for longevity and shining of the awnings.
- Polycarbonate sheets are highly resilient. Because of the incorporated durable properties of polycarbonate, it offers extra security and safety. They can withstand even the most adverse conditions, so you don’t have to worry about undesirable conditions. In Fact, they are an ideal choice to be installed at construction sites.
- Polycarbonate awnings are semi-transparent in appearance. It allows light to pass through them, partially. The semi-transparent property restricts harmful direct sunlight to come into the room, protecting the glares. Polycarbonate awnings are usually used for places that include many computer screens and operations.
- It restricts harmful UV rays. Harmful UV rays cause skin cancer. Not just this, harmful UV rays also harm the eyes. They hence can cause many eye-related problems like cataracts, melanoma, and macular degenerations. Polycarbonate sheets provide 100% protection to the sun’s harmful UV rays and protect our loved ones and us.
In this article, you came to know how polycarbonate awnings can be useful to you or its benefits. Now, the ball is in your court to decide whether it suits you or not. However, all the essential information related to the material has been disclosed here.