In this article, we are going to talk about feature tiles. You must have come across the term feature tiles often in interior design magazines or blogs. But what exactly is it? Is it just a trend, or is it here to stay? What are the steps to follow if I want to create a feature wall in my bathroom? We will answer these questions and more. We have gathered a list of possible ideas, tips and tricks, advice, things to avoid and condensed it in this short guide so that all your pressing queries are answered. So stay tuned.
What is Feature Tiles?
Tiles are not mere protective structures. They are available in a variety of shapes, sizes, colours, types and materials and constitute a whole universe in themselves. This opens up a space for immense creative as well as design potential. You can have an endless number of combinations and come up with the best ones for your bathroom.
Tiles are a gamechanger and can transform any given space. It adds new textures, tones and connotations. If you are building a new bathroom, or planning to revamp your old one, pay attention to the tiles. They can be used to add a specific or characteristic feature to your bathroom and give it a new lease on life. Feature tiles bathroom can be conceptualized and arranged in myriads of ways. Before talking about that, let us look at the advantages of feature tiles.
Advantages of Feature Tiles
- It is a cheap way to revitalize your bathroom
- It makes your bathroom stand out
- It is in line with the latest trends
- It is recommended by interior decorators
- Requires meagre maintenance
- The tiles are durable and resistant to wear and tear
- They are also relatively easy to clean
Now that you know why you should jump on this trend, let us look at some tips you should keep in mind while using featured tiles
- If you want to make your bathroom look more spacious, then you can use tiles of a particular shape, colour and sheen to give the effect of spaciousness. For instance, if you want to make your bathrooms look longer, use a floor tiles pattern as a strip on the wall.
- You can use feature tiles to highlight specific spaces in your bathroom that you want everyone to focus on.
- You can use tiles to demarcate various areas in your bathroom by changing the tiles’ colour or texture.
- If your style gravitates more towards subtle and understated tones, you could always vary the tiles’ texture. Featured tiles are not always loud and drastic. Sometimes, they make statements by leaving out certain things rather than expressing them.
Feature tiles bathroom is a great way to make a statement. Make sure, however, to not highlight areas such as toilets. Moreover, a cost-saving feature would be to use expensive tiles in places that you want to highlight and where tiles are the most visible and cheaper tiles in places that are covered.