Porcelain tile and ceramic tiles are the two most popular varieties of tiles used in homes. Porcelain tile is produced in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials. Polished porcelain tiles can be used in all places-be it in your kitchen, bathroom, floors, walls, etc. A number of ideas naturally come to your mind when you think of upgrading or renovating your house, your office, and the like but installing porcelain tile is probably the least costing and most effective option. In addition, porcelain tile gives a modernised and fresh look to whichever place they are installed in.
Good quality tiles add elegance and tastefulness to a room in addition to providing flooring that is of more use than carpet or wood. Thus, it is imperative to ensure that you are using the right porcelain tile.
- Polished porcelain tiles are composed, similar to ceramic tiles, of quartz or clay. After formation, they are fired to high temperatures.
- Porcelain tile uses purified and more refined clay, which makes porcelain tile denser than ceramic tiles. Since they are denser, polished porcelain tile absorbs else moisture, which in turn makes it more durable and resistant to stains.
- Porcelain tiles are far better at handling harsh conditions and temperatures which is why they are usually placed outdoors in the backyards and patios. They can even survive extremes of temperature as they are less likely to crack.
- The look of polished porcelain tiles is extremely sophisticated and aesthetically appealing. It adds brightness to the place and is sleek, clean, and beautiful.
- Due to their density and hardness porcelain tile are much easier to clean, since they happen to be impervious to dirt.
- It is important to note that due to their durability and easy maintenance, polished porcelain tile are a very cost-effective option. Although the initial cost of the porcelain tile is high and the cost of installing them is high too, when compared to their need for inexpensive maintenance and longevity it becomes a very economical option.
- Since porcelain tile is very popular in the market, installing them in your house will add to its prestige and therefore increases the resale value of the house.
Features of Porcelain Tile:
- Resistant to Fading. Thus, they will not lose their charm overnight.
- They are also resistant to scratching and slipping.
- They are also eco-friendly since they keep the house cool in summer and warm in winters.
- They are safe for children.
You can easily find polished porcelain tiles online or even in stores. Porcelain tiles give a very positive and appealing look and feel to your house.
Polished porcelain tile happens to be coated with liquid glass to make it impervious to the stains and the entire building.