A sofa is one of the most important furniture pieces in your living room. Besides, it is also the place where you entertain your guests, spend time with your family, watch TV, or relax. Being the centre of the living room, the look and feel of the sofa matter a lot as it sets the tone for other parts of the home. Although you can purchase the sofa from any reputable furniture store, it is better to design a customized sofa that is unique and match other furniture pieces, furnishings, and other accessories of the living room.
So, here are some tips to follow to design a custom sofa according to your preference.
- Decide your budget: This is the first thing to consider when you plan to design the custom sofas in Sydney. To decide the budget, figure out the benefits and features you want on the sofa. In case you have a specific budget that you want to stick to, then find out the sofas that match your budget.
- Find out the size of the sofa: After deciding the budget, the next thing you have to decide is the size of the sofa. Custom sofas are available in different depth and size options. For example, the smallest sizes of sofas come with the two-cushion configuration and these are perfect for cosy living rooms or smaller apartments, three-cushion layouts are great for accommodating three-four people, and the four-cushion layout is the biggest option that is perfect for four to five people.
- Find the frame: After deciding the budget and choosing the sofa size, the next thing to consider is the frame of the sofa. Usually, sofa frames are made of fibreboard or wood and they are decorated with upholstery, cover, and cushioning. So, depending on your needs, you can opt for simple or elegant sofa frames. But no matter what type of frame you select, you should maintain the right balance between the sofa and other furniture items of the living room.
- Select the leather or fabric: This is another important part of designing custom sofas in Sydney. The sofa covering garners the most attention and it also fits the design palette of the rest of your living room. Besides, the selection of fabric will also help you to bring a unique style to the sofa. The reputable manufacturers have more than 700-800 types of fabrics and leathers in a wide range of styles, materials, and patterns. So, there is no limitation in the imagination.
- Decide the colour: When selecting the colour of your sofa, choose shades that match your room’s colour and the colours of other accessories. Besides, you can also opt for contrast shades. For example, if you have a darker living room, then opt for neutral shades on the sofa. On the contrary, choose dark-coloured fabric for your sofa to maintain contrast with the light-coloured walls of the living room. And if you want to keep things fashionable and want to add glamour to your living room, then go for metallic shades like gold, silver, or bronze.
- Choose the trim: It is another important part of designing custom sofas in Sydney. Ask the manufacturer whether you have the option to customize the trim to make the sofa different from a regular one. Custom designing the trim can add sophistication and style while increasing the functionality.
- Decide the legs: Choosing the legs is the final step of custom designing your sofa. Sofa legs are mainly made of metal or wood with different types of designs. Although this is not a significant step, a good leg design can break or make the sofa style. For example, the modern sofas will not look perfect with the Victorian clawfoot legs. So, you must choose the legs that would match the sofa style in the best way.
- Complete the design: Once you choose the above-mentioned details, your customized sofa is ready to be crafted. The next step is to review the details to find out what you have created. This way, you will get to know whether the sofa will fit your vision perfectly. A custom sofa is not a small thing, so you must not choose something unfit.