If you wish to enjoy a fantastic weekend by relaxing in the evenings, a wonderfully designed patio will help you have an amazing time.
Sometimes, the problem with the patio is that it is covered. Letting go of the shade and the cover for one relaxing evening works well.
If you are looking for options to build your roof, choosing the right material for your patio can be an overwhelming task. Polycarbonate patio roofs have various types. The most common ones are:
Clear polycarbonate patio roof:
- This type of sheet provides exceptional strength against harsh weather conditions
- This sheet is available in all colours
- They function for a long time and they have a resistance to shift in the colour
- This sheet can be easily thermoformed, fabricated, and decorated
White polycarbonate patio roof:
- They have an extra resistance to UV rays
- They have a long-lasting odour weathering performance
- They are an excellent option for extreme weather conditions just like Clear Polycarbonate Patio Roofs
Coloured polycarbonate patio roof:
- This type of sheet offers the best flexibility, fabrication, and unbeatable strength for any application
- They are very cost-effective
- They are also very lightweight and energy-efficient
The advantages of polycarbonate patio roofs are as follows:
- The polycarbonate patio roof is extremely tough and is nearly unbreakable
- There are bullet-resistant varieties of polycarbonate roofs available
- The best part about these roofs is that they are very lightweight
- They can be easily transported and installed
- They are resistant to all kinds of extreme temperatures, be it hot, cold, snow, etc
- They are long-lasting and their colours don’t fade away
- They remain damage-free for several years
Below are a couple of tips that you must follow to keep a polycarbonate patio roof looking brand new:
- Extreme care should be taken while climbing on the roof. Never walk directly on this roof. It is also advisable not to apply load directly on polycarbonate roofs
- Some products can affect or have an adverse reaction to this roof. Hence, only use manufactured products that are approved. Products such as methylated spirits, petrol-based paints, benzene, ketones, acetones, etc should not be used to clean these polycarbonate patio roofs
- The best products that can be used in order to clean this roof is just warm water mixed with mild detergent. You can apply it with the help of a soft brush, wiping up and down the sheets and not across
- You should always rinse down with water from the hose
- If your roof has gotten very dirty, then you might have to repeat the process once or twice
- The polycarbonate patio roof is an excellent product. It can be used for carports, verandahs, etc. They not only provide protection but also let’s light in.
You can do it yourself and build a polycarbonate patio roof. It might take you too much time, however, the end result is excellent and satisfying. If you are not confident that you can DIY, then it is suggestible to call for a professional who can help you install one. They have been trained and will perform an excellent job as installing properly is vital.