If you check out the current marketplace, there are different types of upholstery fabric in Australia available these days. Some of those are wool, cotton, linen, hemp, leather, acetate, silk, acrylic, polyester, polypropylene, rayon and nylon. Upholstered fabrics are mainly constructed from one form of yarn or from a blend of yarns. Therefore, selecting the right fabric will ensure the longevity of the current furniture.
The fabric used for upholstery:
Whenever the matter is associated with upholstery, you might get a bit confused with the type of designer upholstery fabric in Australia to check-in. Choosing the best one can be difficult, mainly with so many options available lately. You can easily source the synthetics or fabrics, but choosing fabric for the right scenario will ensure a longer span of your furniture.
Get in with the natural fabrics:
Natural upholstery fabric in Australia is mainly meant for the ones looking for less performance and the softest feel to their furniture. Silk, cotton, wool, linen and leather are some of those options.
- Cotton: It is a widely used natural fibre and also noted to be the cheapest. With stability and comfort, cotton is here to offer a soft feel to furniture. It is also great for resistance to fading and durability but quite susceptible to stains.
- Silk: It is one of the most expensive options when it comes to upholstery fabric. It must be used in a formal living room without any heavy use. This kind of material must be cleaned professionally in case something soils the furniture or spills accidentally.
- Wool: Noted to be a sturdy and durable option when put to the test, wool is also very resistant to pilling and staining. So, for all the high traffic areas, wool is a good call to address. However, the downside is that when it gets wet, it will have an odour, which is really very hard to get rid of.
- Leather: In case you are out for the designer upholstery fabric in Australia, then trying out leather will be a good choice. It is one durable fabric for upholstery and also great for high traffic areas while also looking comfortable. Leather is suitable for those households with pets or animals. It is easier to vacuum hair out and can also last the longest.
- Linen: Linen is perfect for rooms where only adults can go as it can strain or wrinkle easily. It is best suited for the most prints available, making intricate designs really very affordable. However, after washing, linen might shrink a bit. So, it is better to get it cleaned professionally to avoid changing the size of the fabric or damaging it further.
Make sure to check out these options before heading for the best choice with upholstery fabric in Australia. You will be amazed to learn more about the different types of fabrics available, their separate characteristics and many more. Just be sure to know more about the firms and then get quality results.