In the world today, challenges are existing everywhere. There are certain ways and procedures to face such challenges head-to-head. Big factors like technology and science have long been instrumental in the matter of handling those challenges. Like other fields, building industry is no exception to the emerging challenges. Speaking of concrete structures, builders have been facing some challenges posed by issues like a concrete crack.
Only certain situations and factors have been causing such issues as concrete cracks. In fact, everyone is on the same page to agree with the fact that concrete cracks are inevitable in the industry despite the technological advancements. Interestingly enough, experts have come with some solutions to these issues. For example, the so-called polyurethane crack injection is one of the time-tested methods to resolve concrete cracks. Encouragingly, such scientific attempts at preventing concrete cracking have yielded some fruitful results so far.
Types Of Concrete Cracks & Reasons Behind:
A deep analysis of these concrete crack issues will give you a true sense of “Why this has been happening.” First, we should find what it is and why it is so. Only a deep understanding of these issues will go a long way in fixing all the confusion.
The following will give you some ideas about the various types of concrete cracks as follows:
- Premature concrete cracks: These cracks are quite common. As the name suggests, this issue happens in an unexpected way. These cracks develop in the concrete when water in the concrete structure dries out faster than normal.
- Plastic shrinkage cracking: If water in the concrete dries out quickly, a lot of voids will form in the structure. Due to these unexpected voids, the concrete becomes much weaker. This will result in some cracks in the concrete. This is what we call plastic shrinkage cracking.
- Heaving concrete cracks: Remember, we humans have been living on earth. In the world, everything literally has rooted on the ground/in the ground. The ground always plays havoc with your concrete structure. When the ground freezes and lifts up a little further, a few cracks will appear in the concrete. As one good example, the roots of trees usually create these heaving concrete cracks.
Speaking of all those concrete cracks, one should not forget how the construction materials will have an impact on the concrete structure. There are some important factors contributing to the making of the perfect concrete structures. Proper use of water, perfect concrete mix and high-quality work are some of those factors.
Advantages Of Polyurethane Crack Injection:
Polyurethane crack injection brings to you a lot of advantages as described below:
- A fit for all: Polyurethane crack injection can be applied to any type of crack irrespective of location, condition and weather. That is why this method gives a ray of hope in resolving concrete cracks.
- Highly efficient: Due to the characteristics of chemical expansion, polyurethane is highly efficient and effective at filling those voids in the concrete structure. So it is possible to cover all the cracks in quick time at one go.
- Curing quickly: Basically, polyurethane cures very quickly. This feature is extremely useful for dealing with big issues like leaking cracks.
- High efficiency: The use of polyurethane crack injection always comes in handy for the technicians as it ensures that the concrete cracks have been completely covered and taken care of.
- High on performance: The effectiveness of polyurethane crack injection can be felt during the injection process itself. This gives the technicians hope and confidence to fix the concrete cracks with great efficiency just ahead of time.
Having discussed all these technicalities involved, it would be wise to seek opinion and help from the industry experts while dealing with the issue of concrete cracking.